School House Recruitment Are working in partnership with TeesValley Education and are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced SEND Teacher to work in Dormanstown Primary Academy
Dormanstown Primary Academy is a thriving inclusive learning community for 270 pupils from Nursery to Year 6. Within our provision, we have 35 High Needs places for children with complex learning needs from across Redcar & Cleveland.
We are looking to appoint a SEND teacher to work within our High Needs Base provision that caters predominantly for children with communication and interaction difficulties including ASD. We are seeking a candidate who is an outstanding classroom practitioner able to deliver excellent teaching and learning. You will be an inspiring teacher with a track record of delivering high quality provision for SEND pupils. You will be contributing to inclusive provision within a collaborative learning culture.
The SEND Teacher will:
- Plan and deliver appropriate provision for all pupils within the class in relation to the curriculum requirements, EHC outcomes and assessment for learning
- Providing learning activities within a clear sequence that build key knowledge, understanding, application and independence
- Ensure positive behaviour management supporting pupils with strategies and self-regulation
- Set clear academic and therapeutic targets, working closely with other professionals
- Work with mainstream colleagues contributing to the whole academy’s curriculum provision and planning
- Have an understanding of inclusive practice to ensure all pupils access the best possible teaching and provision, that is appropriate to their needs, promotes high standards and fulfilment of potential
We can offer:
- A committed senior leadership team that puts the child at the centre of school improvement
- A forward-thinking school, which is committed to improvement through evidence based research
- An excellent learning environment for children with a strong community ethos
- Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all of our pupils
- Dedicated pupils who love coming to the academy and are encouraged to be the best they can be
- A passionate and high performing team of professionals across the trust to learn from and contribute to
The successful candidate must have a demonstrable understanding of current national frameworks and developments in SEND. It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of working with children with complex SEND needs.
For the right candidate, there is the potential of contributing to Trust outreach and SEND support work as a Specialist Leader in Education. There will be the opportunity as the Trust grows for promotion and leadership opportunities. This is a superb opportunity to develop and progress professionally and to join Tees Valley Education Trust, which has a strong commitment to continued professional development for all staff within an inclusive and supportive environment.
If you have any queries about the position please contact Mr Oliver Long, Head of Academy on (01642) 483696 for an informal discussion.
Visits to the academy are actively encouraged and should be arranged by contacting Mrs Katie Stedman, Office Manager, on (01642) 483696. During the visits, masks will be provided and there will be no access to classroom bubbles.
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Application packs (including Job Specification and Description) can be downloaded or printed directly from the Trust website www.teesvalleyeducation.co.uk or requested from Dormanstown Primary Academy. Only applications on Trust’s official application form will be accepted.
If you are submitting your completed application form by e-mail please be aware that the academy cannot be responsible for any formatting anomalies when printing.
Hand written or electronic printed copies should be posted or hand delivered to the following address:
Mr Oliver Long,
Head of Academy
Dormanstown Primary Academy
Closing Date: Monday 17th May 2021 9am
Shortlisting: Monday 17th May 2021
Interviews: Monday 24th May 2021